Despite the difficult years behind us and still ongoing pandemic, global dignity FInland team has been offering small and sizable events which raise topics of belonging, resilience, overcoming racism and life situations.
We have listed some events during 2020-2021 which were delivered by volunteers, our partnership with Business college Helsinki, MOK HNMKY for cooperation on “Taking a stand” antiracism facilitation training. We also thank all our previous speakers at Talk the Talk competition and speakers which were brave enough to deliver their first story.
None of these events would happen without Global Dignity volunteers from near and far, also in the form of speaker coaches.
- We see the big impact in training new time speakers to share their story in 6 minutes.
Speakers do get to write their story, practice, deliver and have an opportunity to inspire and impact someone who is like them or someone who has never had heard about their experience be it trauma, exclusion, racism, other mental health issues or life and death situations.
- We see the big impact in engaging with artists to inspire and emotionally connect to the audience.
- We see the big impact in engaging peer-to-peer style speakers to make an inspiration that sticks and can be put to action #seeingisbelieving
- We see the big impact in community building among speakers and volunteers which happens when they deliver a real event to real audience even if in hybrid.
In times of post #BLM and #METOO, debate of international students, spouses and immigrants struggling to get a job in Finland, we also increased the topics of discussion on this and bring out the topics of origins, inclusion, antiracism training.
1. We co-organized the Taking A Stand workshop with MOK on October 14, 2020. It was an online Zoom workshop where we offer a safe space to everyone attending the possibility of having a deep conversation on racism and how to fight it. The event was conducted in English. There were about 15 people attending the event.
4. Origins stories – virtual event on 12th March 2021 where we had panel discussions with 4 guests about Origins stories and how they connect to their origins. The event had over 1500 reach on Facebook.
9. Took part in SDG and Global dignity impact work evaluation project with Global dignity executive team. Thanks for all involved: https://globaldignity.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Report_How-Global-Dignity-Impacts-the-SDGs.pdf
We are looking for more partnerships to bring discussions on dignity to Finnish education institutions, schools, colleges, universities. If you are interested to cooperate please do email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the free resources for you to use – for different age groups, https://globaldignity.org/teaching-dignity/teaching-tools/
We wish you a safe and sound end of 2021!
Bambi, Ramina, Kamilla
Board of Global Dignity ry.